Well, some news from the battlefront, as ppl got currently those sort of words :
What the fock are you doing, there are no commits since 767676767 mins!
Items refactor is moving on. To resume the operation, it transforms all previous SQLs / XMLs to XMLs (following Freya), and will affect the whole loading process of items (etcitems, weapons && armors), unify models.
The loading process is now fine (both DP and core side), and the server uses around 15mo lesser than before (from 270mo free -> 287mo free on 512 total ram).
Duals +4 skills are now implemented. Items continue to use handlers, but use skills from skills XMLs, not core-written skills anymore. I still got some things to debug, like items consumption, but it's pretty nice atm.
ETA time is around 1 week, and will mainly depend of DiNoR's self-work on DP. We take Freya DP to revert it to IL stats values. There are 93 XMLs to correct. A first part (part I) will come soon, followed by part II and surely part III. Total ETA time for items is around 2 to 3 weeks maximum.
If you want to help, begin to test items behavior after release of Items refactor part I. You will have to report all suspects items.
Atm, Tryskell & DiNoR don't need help, just time.
Many things have been corrected since yesterday. Items consumption is now fine, some shares have been integrated (thx momo61 for old share lol, finally it's released ^^).
I'm currently porting the ExtractableSkillsData engine from csv to xml, and truely enjoy arrayoutofboundsexception errors
Current diff patch (of next revision) is 4760 added lines, 6500 removed. Only speaking of core side.
Changeset 118[SpartaCis] Items refactor - part I
Many has been done those last days. Thx to DiNoR for incredible fast work on DP ^^.
- Items don't use anymore SQLs. All engine and DP is made for/of XMLs. All items can be found on data/stats/items, and follow original game system (melting armors, wepaons, and etcitems in same files).
- SkillHolder implementation.
- Duals got now their +4 passive skills.
- shortBuffTask implementation (healing potions icons).
- Apprentice PK && CW drop restrictions are now handled in DP.
- Full rework of shots, + 2 fixes (1 due to Freya, 1 old).
- Items icons now fade if the item is of same sharedReuse group. Item shortcuts timers are still buggy (as Freya).
- Potions / Elixirs can be casted during casting. Thx momo61 for initial share.
- Some beginning rework on petItem. isPetItem() => isPetCollar(), isPetItem() implementation (consider pet armors/weapons as pet items). This chapter is buggy, even on current L2J Freya. More work will come soon or later.
- update for BroadcastStatusUpdate, in order to get less sent packets (limit mana updates)
- L2ExtractableItems are ported from initial .csv to existing skills XMLs. No more loading process for it.
The second part of items refactor will come once people tested and report eventual problems with part I. So you know what you have to do: TEST !